The Derbyshire Home from Hospital Service provides practical support for vulnerable people leaving hospital, or those living at home but at risk of being admitted.
The service can provide the following types of support for up to 6 weeks:
- fetching shopping and ensuring you have a plan in place to manage shopping after the service ends;
- making sure your home environment is warm, comfortable and clean;
- arranging for key safes to be fitted and community alarm or telecare systems to be provided, if needed;
- supporting you to pay bills and make appointments;
- collecting medication prescriptions;
- supporting you to maintain and improve your social networks;
- supporting you to understand care options and plan future support;
- signposting to other statutory, voluntary sector and community organisations.
Visit the new Derbyshire Home from Hospital website to find out more: https://www.dhfh.org.uk/