Community Hub Coordinator: Feeling Connected*
0.6 FTE – 22.5 hours per week, with the possibility to increase
£23,601 FTE – pro rata + 5% pension
1-year fixed term contract, with possible extension subject to funding
The Hub @ Low Pavement (‘Hub@LP’) is Derbyshire Voluntary Action’s community venue in Chesterfield town centre. It is dedicated to supporting community action, social connectedness, and improved wellbeing and mental health.
The Community Hub Coordinator is key to Hub@LP’s future success – a pivotal, empathetic, central figure to bring everything together and create a positive, supportive, and fun vibe for the people who volunteer and participate there. They will develop relationships, activities, and processes to enable the hub to continue to evolve as a well-run, well-used and vibrant venue, well-known amongst stakeholders and the public.
To excel in this role, you will need to be:
• a ‘people person’ who can connect with people on all levels and quickly develop rapport
• a creative and innovative thinker
And you’ll have:
• a “can-do” attitude and positive practical approach
• a high level of drive and resilience
BENEFITS of working for Derbyshire Voluntary Action
- Feel good factor – making a difference, work satisfaction, great working environment
- Work/life balance is a company priority – comprehensive holiday policy including: – 30-day holiday entitlement, plus 8 statutory bank holidays (FTE), pro rata to working week
- Flexible working
- Generous organisational sick pay – After 6m continuous service: 4 weeks full pay in a rolling 12-month period. After 2yrs continuous service: 2 months paid company sick pay in a rolling 12-month period.
- Workplace pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- Car mileage rate of 45ppm
- One-on-one and group wellness sessions
- Professional development opportunities and comprehensive online training
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 14 September, 10.00am
Please apply early – we may close the application window before the deadline if we receive a sufficient number of good applications.
Interview date: Friday 23 September 2022
*DVA’s ‘Feeling Connected’ service brings together under one umbrella DVA’s current frontline work in community development, social connectedness development, social prescribing, and our fast-developing community hub Community Hub Coordinator: Feeling Connected
Visit https://dva.org.uk/job-vacancies/ for an application pack