What is the MORE THAN JUST ONE DAY Fund for?
The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee is almost here and people across the country are planning local celebrations to mark this momentous occasion.
The nation is joining in a PLATINUM PUDDING COMPETITION, there will be over 1,500 JUBILEE BEACONS lit across the country, a special tree-planting initiative called the GREEN CANOPY, parades and live music in London and, on Sunday 5 June, the BIG JUBILEE LUNCH!
The Feeling Connected project wants to support the great work that communities across Chesterfield and North East Derbyshire will put into making the Jubilee a weekend to remember.
More than that though, we want to support work whose impact will be felt long after the bunting has been put away. We want the connections and shared experiences of the Jubilee to be long-lasting, deeper, and more meaningful than JUST ONE DAY.
Our fund will support projects which:
- Are inclusive and make the most of opportunities to involve people in the ideas, planning and organising stage of your celebration;
- Welcome everyone to join in and celebrate together;
- Keep connections alive after weekend of celebrations has passed.
In a nutshell, we want to help individuals and small, informal groups of people to make a difference as they support their local street, neighbourhood, estate, or village to come together to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
Who can apply?
We welcome applications from:
- An individual who will incur expenses in supporting the people on their street, on their estate;
- A small group of residents who want to club together to organise something for your neighbours/community;
- A community venue which wants to host a celebration and promote itself as a place to bring people together;
- Other types of formal or informal groups who want to organise activities for people which will bring them together in a shared purpose and enable them to connect through shared experiences.
How much can you apply for?
Up to £500.
What types of things can be funded?
We don’t want you to be out of pocket in helping others to be connected. The fund can cover expenses such as:
- Printing costs, eg printing leaflets to promote the support you are providing; ink cartridges/paper
- Equipment – specific pieces of equipment you and your volunteers may need
- Resources – the materials you need to buy to make your activity happen
- Other reasonable volunteer expenses (to be considered on a case-by-case basis)