Wednesday 11th November 2020
6.00pm – 7.30pm
A FREE interactive online session for anyone interested in the community & voluntary sector in Chesterfield – delivered for you by Community Chesterfield & the University of Derby. . .
putting the UNI in the COMMuniTY!
Voluntary & community organisations really need people to help support and guide their organisations. They are particularly keen to have people with fresh perspectives who may never have considered being a trustee before!
- Would you like to make a real difference to your local voluntary sector?
- Would you like to learn more about how organisations are run and managed?
- Could you bring enthusiasm, passion and a fresh pair of eyes to the table?
- Do you enjoy planning for the future and want to share those skills?
- Is working with people your joy?
Being a trustee is a rewarding and interesting role, it offers you the opportunity to use your talents to benefit an organisation, and develop and learn new skills to support your own future.
We hope to talk about the role of a trustee, as well as introducing you to some current trustee vacancies.
This discussion will be guided by Bev Crighton, External Engagement Lead for the University of Derby. Bev’s teaching work has included: Developing Skills for Business Leadership, Corporate Social Responsibility, Managing Human Resourcing, Employability, Reward and Performance and Business Skills. Her research interests include: Employability, Working from Home (implementations and advantages of) and Management Skills in the Workplace.