Could you be our next Voluntary Sector Partner Governor?
Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has a Board of Directors and a Council of Governors that work on your behalf to improve health services for the future (https://www.chesterfieldroyal.nhs.uk/get-involved/council-governors).
Derbyshire Voluntary Action are the appointing body for the two Voluntary Sector Partner Governors, one of the Partner Governors is coming to the end of their term and we are looking to appoint a new Partner Governor.
A brief description of what the role involves:
- Governors serve for an initial period of 3 years and are eligible for reappointment for 9 years
- It is a voluntary role (travel expenses are paid)
- A DBS check is required
- Governors sign a Code of Conduct
- There a 7 Council of Governor meetings a year usually lasting 3 hours (some reading time is required prior to the meeting)
- Commitment to the role varies depending on how involved you are – minimum commitment would be approximately a day a month
- Induction would be in January 2023
The Partner Governor Briefing Document below gives more detail about the role.
Lynn Tory, who is currently a Partner Governor is happy to chat with anyone who is interested in the role, just contact us at DVA (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we’ll put you in touch with Lynn.
“I was appointed by Derbyshire Voluntary Action and have been privileged to represent the voluntary and community sector for the past nine years on the Trust’s Council of Governors using the opportunity to try to make a difference to patients’ experience.
Developments during this time have included unannounced ward visits, providing governors the chance to speak to patients, moving forward on the Smoke Free site and development of colleague wellbeing opportunities.
I would encourage anyone to become involved in the governance of services for patients and staff of Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.” – Lynn Tory
If you are interested in being nominated for the role of Voluntary Sector Partner Governor please send an expression of interest to email@example.com explaining why you would like to take on the role (in no more than 200 words).